Friday, September 14, 2012

I'm Too Sexy For This Blog



So I just realized I've never shown the completed Golden Gun. Today at work I got a text from CCA, saying my 1911 was done. So here's some pictures. Enjoy. They're too sexy for this blog.

The Golden Gun


Sun glare, and The Golden Gun


OD and Graphite Black controls.



The shadow from my right arm, and also my OD Para LTC


Now an side on my Para. I was VERY disappointed with the factory finish on the LTC, and after poking around the interwebs, a lot of other users were also disappointed with the durability of Para's finish. Every time I got back from the range, there'd be a new gouge or scratch on the slide near the ejection port. I had originally wanted to do a bi-tone scheme with a black slide and OD frame, but I think this just looks better.

As another aside, I wrote in my instructions to CCA that I wanted a basic duty-ready trigger at about 3.5 to 4lbs and clean. And they did an awesome job. There's no creep or overtravel and it breaks very cleanly at what I'd guess is just under 4lbs. Maybe less. I can't wait to get back to the USPSA club next month. 

If you're in Iowa (or anywhere, really), and you need cerakote or just a good gunsmith who specialized in black rifles and 1911s (also does a LOT of work with tactical tupperware of most major brands), then give Controlled Chaos Arms an email or a call.


No comments: